1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Puzzle for an expert

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by drhodes, Oct 20, 2002.

1. drhodes

drhodes Guest

For some reason my computer will not play any.avi or .asf files. No Player that I have installed will play them, so I know that it is the computer. I have every possible codec installed, and I have tried different versions of Windows Media player(6,7,8,9), and other players. I have not been able to find a solution for this anywhere, so maybe an expert here has some idea of whats wrong.
    My video card is an ATI Rage 3d pro, if that helps at all, and I have current drivers for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. adz

adz Member

sounds like you covered most of your bases and if you've installed all the codecs you can find I can only suggets one other possibility which is that your monitor/display driver is either missing or not compatible with your actual screen. Have you formatted your hard drive recently or bought a new monitor? You might want to try the website for the monitor you have and download their drivers set and try re-installing (but be careful, some drivers need to be installed in the right order in order to work properly) Hope that helps ...