1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PUZZLING MACROVISION PROBLEM...PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by djscoop, Dec 30, 2003.

1. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I have a very puzzling problem. My parents have a panasonic tv/vcr combo. I know that the video inputs are protected by the macrovision, because I connected a dvd player to it a few years ago. So for Christmas, I got them a dvd player and an RF Modulater, which according to everyone I talked to, wouldn't interfere with the macrovision in the vcr section. But sure enough, with the dvd player connected playing on channel 3 or 4, the macrovision is still in effect. Is there any way to get rid of this? Thanks so much for your help!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I have Never heard of a RF Modulator working for Macrovision...What you need is a "Video Stabilizer" they are Made to defeat Macrovision detection, they go for about $30...Instead of Copying the DVD to VHS why don"t you just Rip the DVD and Copy it the Quality will be a lot better....Just a Thought...Cheers

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I will look for a video stabilizer - do you know any companies that make it? I am not trying to copy the movie to vhs, I simply want the DVD player to work through the TV! I can copy DVDs all I want on my computer, this is for my parents so they can watch DVDs. Damn macrovision and tv/vhs combos. Thanks for the help!

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2004
  5. rspeyer

rspeyer Member

Thanks

I will give these guys a call tomorrow. If this works it will be a life saver. I have spent 3 months pulling my hair out on this. It will be nice to get it over with.

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Thanks Minion. My parents can finally enjoy their Christmas present. Hey, here's a typical newbie question: how many posts do I have to make before I'm no longer considered a "newbie." I've been posting threads for almost a year now. Thanks again for the help Minion.

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

I actually don"t know how long or how many posts it takes, I got an early Promotion to senior member after a couple weeks I guess Because I have a Fairly advanced Knowlege of most aspects of Digital video and answered a Lot of Posts ,So I don"t know if it is the ammount of Time as a Member or how many Posts, Praetor Can probably answer this One....Cheers

8. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

The question of "newbie" status is answered here a bit: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/4635

Myself as a casual poster it took me months and several hundred post to get up to "senior member." I've seen people get the "promotions" a lot sooner, depending a lot upon quantity as well as quality of posts.