1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

puzzling scart prob (plus loss of signal) dm500 + openbox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by spudorang, Jun 11, 2013.

1. spudorang

spudorang Member

Hi, I have a really strange problem.

Guy has dm500s and all works fine until last week.

Via scart to (virmin) everything is fine
    Via scart to dreambox & skybox f5 there is noise interference like an unsuppressed motorbike use to cause to the tv.

With the sound off on box, there are 2, 3 or 4 wiggly lines and a loud buzzing from the tv.
    Different scarts, different tv's same problem. (but those boxes are fine here)

I disconnect feed from lnb and all I have connected is power and scart (still the same loud buzzing etc)

Anyone know what's happening please.

To compound the problem, going hd with f11 says no signal, I delete channels and rescan shows zero channels, but still has the same interference.

Connecting via hd gives no buzzing but no channels and zero channels scanned in.
    Connecting a working skybox f5 shows no channels as well. (no signal)

Two different meters say signal is fine.

I will change the dish & lnb tomorrow anyway but even not connected the buzzing remains so hopefully I will get him up and running hd, but not very confident cos it makes no sense why it is not receiving the channels on scan.

Hope someone has a clue cos something is causing interference.

thanks

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

thinking you are trying to view box on the av-scart channel when you should be on the hd input channel,is your tv set up configured?
    if you remove the sat cable going into box is the noise still there,another thing i guard against is dirty power caused be surging and prefare to get clean power source which also has an effect on interference.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  3. spudorang

spudorang Member

as mentioned the noise is still there with just the power and scart connected, nothing else

I have been thinking about it and what he has NOW connected on the mains (which he did not a few weeks ago) I that may be causing it

thanks

also as mentioned, if I connect via hdmi cable on openbox s11 or skybox f5 there are no channels at all, (no signal) nor will they scan in after deletion.

They did however scan straight in when I brought the s11 back here, weird.

Gonna change dish & lnb but it happens with connection so I know it must be his mains somehow.