1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVR software

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jamescon, Mar 15, 2007.

1. jamescon

jamescon Member

Let me start by saying hello, This is my first post here at Afterdawn and I was wondering if someone could help me with a little information on PVR software. I am looking for some software to record TV shows on my PC. I just bought a Hauppauge 150 tuner card and it really didn't come with any software only a driver disk should the card come with software to record from TV. If not can I get free software from somewhere?? Nothing too fancy just a way to record TV shows and burn them on DVD. Or if there is any other option for me like XP Media center I have XP Home edition now.
    Thank's in advance

2. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

That card comes with WinTV. Use that in conjunction with Titan TV and you are all set. I have the pvr 350 card...

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

jamescon you might try going to the home page of the card that you paid for and see if the have software on the site that works with the card that you installed on your system

4. jamescon

jamescon Member

I went to Hauppauge's Web site and downloaded win2000 and Titan TV
    But when I launch Wintv the program opens and it shows all the controls.But where the TV picture is suppose to be it is just a blank screen I can actually see my desktop through the window.
    I removed and then reinstalled Wintv still the same problem.
    I know it's not the card because I can watch TV through NERO. So I am getting a signal. There might be compatibility issues. I am gonna pluck around a little bit to see if I can munipulate the settings. Any Idea's :(

5. jamescon

jamescon Member

I figured it out, The decoder was not installed. It came in the same zipfile but had to be unzipped and loaded separately, before Wintv. Oh well ya live and you learn