1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quad-Core Optimized?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by handsom, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handsom

handsom Regular member

I recently moved over to a Phenom II X4 @ 3ghz, and I'm wondering what games might take better advantage of four cores? I've googled this, but most of what I'm reading hasn't been updated since about January 2008... And frankly, I'm sure the gaming community has come a long way since then.

So far I've seen HEAVILY noticable improvements on Left 4 Dead, Crysis Warhead seems to be operating a <i>bit</i> smoother as well, but that may not necessarily be that the program itself is truly using more cores, could just be that other background programs aren't sharing the same core with it anymore.

Anyways, I'd be curious to hear if anyone knows titles that are multi-threaded for this sort of thing, especially if they will truly utilize more than two cores.

I purchased the quad because it will save me some time doing advanced rendering work; but I figure it'd be nice to enjoy a bit of a boost in gaming, where I can. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.