1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Divx file and playing in dvd player

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Vibes501, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Vibes501

Vibes501 Member

Hello all,

I have purchased the Samsung DVD-HD870 as i want to try putting tv series on divx and maybe convert some of my dvd collection so i can get rid of some discs as i hear you can get alot more on disks this way.

My question is do i just burn nething that is a video file or do i have to find a program to conver to dvx first. Also is avi file a divx one? (sorry if these questions seem noobish)

Also a friend of mine said i may have problems because the Samsung DVD-HD870 only supports DVD- type disks, does this mean if i have stuff on DVD+ disks they wont work. THIS meek point is worrying me very much.

Will my dvd burners work with DVD- disks , I have a new very high spec machine but sounds stupid but i never even knew about dvd- disks b4 now ( i though they were music lol).

I still have time to cancel my order so hopefully you guys can answer my questions and stop my head spinning lol

2. Vibes501

Vibes501 Member