1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about dvd shrink

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by smitty25, Jan 21, 2005.

1. smitty25

smitty25 Member

scubapete if you read this everything worked great that you told me about setting up how to burn dvd's.
    i was wondering if dvd movies that i encrypt? before i burn get stored on my hard drive since i have a backup folder there don't think they do but just checking i'm using 2 programs dvdshrink and dvd decrypter.
    does the speed on my blank dvd's make a big differance i can burn up to 16x is 16x as good of a qualty as 4x but maybe a little slower?
    after dvd decrypter burns my dvd i noticed a dropdown window for speed in the lower right hand corner mine is set on max but i noticed there is different settings, should i match the speed on decrypter to my dvd speed if so how do i do that before i start burning my dvd.
    not sure what creating a backup folder really means or what is a backup.
    thankx smitty25

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

DVD Shrink always creates an output file. Either a vidoe_ts file or an ISO file. In your case it will be an ISO file.

Most create a "backup folder" so they know where to find the files. If you don't send the file to your "backup folder", then by default Shrink will put it in your local disk.

I always recommend burning at 4x. A few times I've successfully burned at 8x using CopyToDVD. Just remember faster isn't always better.

You can't change it if your auto launching DVD Decrypter. What I do is choose create ISO image in Shrink. Then I manually open DVD Decrypter and set my burn speed.

If Pete was helping you in another thread about using Shrink and Decrypter ... post in that thread. Since it's still a related DVD Shrink/ DVD Decrypter question.

Also, next time post in the appropriate forum. (DVD Shrink forum or DVD-R newbies)