1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about DVDR

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Inraged.., Oct 3, 2004.

1. Inraged..

Inraged.. Member

When you insert a dvdr, is there a prompt asking what to do with the blank dvdr cd?, or when you go to your burner drive, and check properties, does the empty dvdr show the total space available/used? Because i bought a new onidtech pack of 50 dvd-r , but my benq 1600 doesn't seem to burn anything on it, and doesn't show anything about total space available, it only recognizes it as a dvd-r.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hello Inraged,

If you look on the package that your DVD's came in - it should tell you the space available, 4.7 GB. Be advised that the actual space you have to work with is really 3.38GB.

No.

No.

You bought a pack of crappy DVD's - they aren't much good for backing up DVD's. They are fine for backing up data or MP3's just not DVD Video. You should have checked what to buy before spending your $$$$ on onidtechs.

What would you like it to say ?

Pete

3. john179

john179 Active member

Pete has got a good point there Inraged.If you seek good advise ScubaPete is a good person to get it off.
    I would tend to agree with Pete you bought a crappy media mate.Still we all catch on in the end that you can't beat a good quality Ritek.

4. Inraged..

Inraged.. Member

Hey guys, thnx alot for the advice and help. But i also tried burning data, and mp3, but it doesn't seem to work :p.

5. Inraged..

Inraged.. Member

hey btw whats the best DVD-R for Benq, and the cheapest? How is Ritek? and how about Ridata? thnx.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Inraged,

I think you can handle that on your own, can't you ?

Try NewEgg.com and Mertline.com - both are good -

Cheers,

Pete