1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about dynex dvd+r/dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aditek, Feb 12, 2007.

1. aditek

aditek Member

hello everyone i dont know if theres a forum bout this but newayz,i just want to know if dynex dvd+r/dvd-r 16x will work on my computer i have an 8x speed on my burner.i just want to know because i dont want to waste it if i cant use it.thanks again afterdawn ppl

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

sure they should work BUT beware there very poor quality media. your MUCH better off with Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim its the best out there

3. aditek

aditek Member

oh really.bad quality?im using fuji but my gf got me dynex coz it was on sale.hehehe.thanks again

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah bad stuff really . the fuji aren't much better if there MIT ,thoses will code out as prodisc which is poor quality. if you buying at a store go with the Verbatims or if you can find Sony or Fujifilm thats made in japan thoses will code out as Taiyo Yuden. i buy the Taiyo Yuden online at supermediastore.com if you want to go that route

5. aditek

aditek Member

oh yeah i get mine der 2 sometimes.but ridatek.i didnt know tayo yuden is good?so let say i want to get that does it even matter wat speed i get?or do i have to get it with the same speed as my comp runs?

6. stumpied

stumpied Member

I bought a spindle of DYNEX 16x DVD-R's awhile back and they coded out as MCC 03RG20. This is the same as the Verbatim 16x DVD-R I bought as well. So the quality must be good for both. I am not sure if the 8x are differant, but I can't complain about the DVDs I got. The 100 Dynex were $5 and 25 pack of Verbatims were also $5.

7. aditek

aditek Member

@stumpied
    thanks 4 da info.dats really a good price?where?

8. stumpied

stumpied Member

I bought the Dynex in the States awhile back on thanksgiving. Best Buy I think. The Verbatims were bought at the Source. I'm from Canada, so not sure that helps or not. I have never bought any media online though.

9. aditek

aditek Member

ic thanks stumpied!!!

10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@aditek, I thought I'd given you sound advice about the discs you use...Good Quality such as Verbatim or Sony (made in Japan).

If the Dynex code out as MCC then you are lucky but you DO NOT KNOW THAT until you have opened the pack and started using them...it's a bit "IFFY" and you may NOT be so lucky.

I trust you have your Nero up and working, Cheers.

11. aditek

aditek Member

oh yea u did give me an advise..oopps.im forgetful..newayz yeah nero works really good thanks 2 ur help!!!owe u one....@gwendolin

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

aditek , yeah buying the dynex is a crap shoot on what your getting. so be safe and buy the good stuff in the first place i pay about 24 cents each for all the Taiyo Yuden i buy online at SMS . you aren't going to do much better than that even with the cheap stuff and you know what your getting ever time with the TYs NO guess work

13. aditek

aditek Member

4real.well,i will go for the TY dvd.i mean how bad is dynex?whats the consequence?

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the ones that code out as MCC should be fine. but if they code out as CMC mag etc. you may have problems in a few months with dye rot which will cause read errors if you try to re copy them or playback problems.

i have Taiyo Yudens ive had for 4 years that play as good as the day i recorded them

15. stumpied

stumpied Member

I agree. Buy good media! All I was saying is that they MAY be alright. It's not worth the risk of buying cheap crappy media. I bought these months ago and only because they were cheap. I may have got lucky with the MCC who knows.They are 16x too, not 8x so that may make a differance. If you have nero, check it out with the info tool and see what disks you have.

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

stumpied, theres no quality difference between 8x speed and 16x speed blank media

17. stumpied

stumpied Member

I know there is no quality differance. I was just saying maybe the 8x are not going to be MCC. Perhaps made by someone else.

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

but you never know till you open up the package a code them out. where as with Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim you know what you are getting so why take the chance