1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about flashing BIOS?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by BigDJ163, Jan 30, 2005.

1. BigDJ163

BigDJ163 Member

I need to know if you should flash the BIOS of your modchip before you install it in your Xbox, or after?

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Assuming you have a current modchip, you would first install it and if you've done that correctly then go on to flash using a boot cd or 256Mb USB pen drive (Xenium only).

3. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

or you can do it straight from the evox dash.

4. BigDJ163

BigDJ163 Member

well Hrdrk20, I am considering either the Xenium ICE or the Xecuter 3, because I am probably gonna get a brand new Xbox.
    big_g-man so what would I do first, install the Modchip then install the dashboard. Would I be able to use Slayer's Auto Installer? Thanks for the help.

5. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

yea, you have to have the chip to install the dash. and yes, an autoinstaller will install a new dash.

6. delphiki

delphiki Guest

i have a linksys G wireless router.....the comp is hte main wireless router to supply connectoin......can i connect my xbox and the wireless G router using a regular ethernet cable.....or do i have ot have a crossover cable?

I was wondering whether it would be easier to just disconnect my internet to connect the ethernet cable with the xbox.

7. BigDJ163

BigDJ163 Member

hey big_g-man...does Slayer's install the BIOS as well??

8. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i've never used slayers but i'm pretty sure it doesn't. if it does install evox (which i think it does) you can connect to your box via FTP, look in the same directory as your evoxdash.xbe (usually C drive), and there should be a "Bios" folder. you can then transfer any downloaded bioses into that folder and flash your chip with a new bios from the evox dash.

9. delphiki

delphiki Guest

can someone please anwer the question i mentioned above!!!

10. E-Era

E-Era Guest

ok i got to ask ya a question. i got a v1.5 xbox and xecuter3 mod chip installed and i want to put evox 3935
    and all so need to flash it . do i flash it before i put evox OR do i put evox and then flash it.

Thanks

11. mdsup

mdsup Guest

delphiki: you can connect a normal ethernet cable from your router to your xbox....not quite sure exactly what you are asking?

12. caleb134

caleb134 Guest

Hi i was just curious if someone could help me,
    ok this is what happened i was just searching around on my mod chip and then it said something about flashing bios so when i turned it on i turned off and then turned back on and started flashing green and red on the eject button and it only works if i turn my chip off please help

13. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Check you install!!! Your getting a frag(flashing red and green)because of your pinheader install. I take it this is a solderless install correct?? If it is the solderless adapter is not sitting right on the LPC.

14. caleb134

caleb134 Guest

I really dont understand what your saying could you try saying it in like a diffrent way lol sorry

15. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

How about putting some specs on here!!! we are all walking around in the dark here caleb!LOL What chip, bios, soldered or solderless install, or xbox version are we dealing with here??

16. will856

will856 Member

xbox 1.0, xecutor2.3b lite mod chip. i keep gettin a "no bios update found..halting" prompt when i try to flash. im a newbie...help me please....