1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about hard drive replacement in XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Blumy, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Blumy

Blumy Member

I'm new to hard drive upgrades in the XBOX. To test the waters I'm using a old Segate 20 gb hard drive, but seem to have hit a snag. I have a soft moded XBOX so I copied everything form C and E over to the C and E folders of my XBOXHDM folder, and copied the eeprom over into the eeprom folder as well. Created the ISO, burned it to a cd ran the cd on my pc with the hard drive, unlocked the hdd, rebuilt the C and E drives, and locked the hdd. Basiclly did everything the video told me to do and it seemed to work. However when I put the drive in the XBOX and turn it on, after the bios screen I just get the "service you xbox" message. I put my stock drive back in and it works fine. Any thoughts?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

what error number?

3. Blumy

Blumy Member

06, which if I read correctly on the forum here it means "Cannot unlock hdd" but my question is, after making the hard drive from scratch and locking it with xboxhdm, does it not use the the locking info from the eeprom from the motherboard of the xbox? So I wonder why it wouldn't work.

4. Blumy

Blumy Member

Ok, I re-did the hard drive again and it works this time. Now I have another question. The ISO disc that I made that worked this time, since it uses all of my xbox eeprom info I should be able to use it on the next hard drive I want to use for my xbox right? I ask because I only used a 20 gb this time, and I want to go a little larger I just need to get one.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

Now it works it will be just fine. I guess there was something to do with the name of the eeprom.bin file.. linux is case sensitive. Keep it safe..