1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about harddrives in xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by aykfc, Mar 22, 2005.

1. aykfc

aykfc Member

I recently found out about everything you can add on to your xbox and have some questions. Awhile ago I bought finaly fantasy 11 for ps2 (horribly game) but it did come with a 40 gb hdd. I am wondering if I can put that 40 gb hdd into my xbox, if you need I will give you the information on the hdd and what steps I would have to do, that would involve copying my files, if I can do that. Also would live ban me if I did that. Thank you.

Edit: I also dont have a mod chip, I am hoping to get one soon but if I dont get one can I still use my bigger hdd.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  2. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

if that hd locks and is EIDE then its possible to put it into your xbox but you will have to buy a modchip to lock the hdd to your motherbard. the hdd has to be locked to the motherboard in order for the xbox to load the original dash using the stock bios. and if you go on xbox live they can detect almost any hardware modifications that are made and you will get banned

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005