1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about .IMG files

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cheung31, Jul 27, 2003.

1. cheung31

cheung31 Member

i d/led MVP Baseball 2003 recently. it was 2 discs. i d/led the bin and cue. so i kno how to burn and all and it works. but the thing is, it checks to see if the correct cd is in the drive prior to installing. and i keep gettin the "Please insert correct CD" everytime i try to install.

now i am d/ling a .IMG of the game. and i was wondering what is so special about .img's and is there any difference between img and bin files. will the .img do the trick in making it's 'identity' recognized by the comp?

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The game is more than likely Safedisc 2x cd protected m8.After installing Alcohol 120%, go to Options>General>Shell type and enable all. Use Alcohol 120% using the Safedisc 2 datatype profile to burn (RAW DAO) at 8x. After you burn the images exit Alcohol 120% and see if the backup will install\play from your [bold] burner [/bold] If you encounter errors then open Alcohol 120% and go to Options>General>Emulation and enable "ignore media type", and [bold] minimize [/bold] Alcohol 120% to system tray (startup) and try to play the backup from your [bold] burner [/bold]

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2003
  3. cheung31

cheung31 Member

so will i need a cue or anything, i read a few other threads regarding img files. and some say that img and bin are related and both use cues

[bold]EDIT:[/bold] k nvm i got it. thx for the help shoey!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Veteran Newbie[/small]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2003