1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About LCD TV's In Regards To LCD Monitors?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by KeyLee19, Mar 26, 2010.

1. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

I may sound naive with this as I am not a video expert. So I have been wanting to get a 40+ inch TV/Monitor so that I can not only watch tv but use as my monitor for my computer. I am just curious to as why people buy Monitors instead of LCD TV's? The TV's are the same size or much bigger for the same or better price than the LCD Monitors/Large Format Monitors? Am I missing something? Is it a compatibility issue? Is it because of the connection ports that the monitor provides that a television doesn't? I mean wouldn't it be better to use HDMI from your TV than any other input your monitor could provide as long as you have a fairly decent graphics card to power it? Or will your television not display your picture from your computer the same as your monitor would? Thanks in advance, I am just trying to figure out what my best option is as I am trying to find a display over 40 inches that will best suite my needs not only for TV but as a monitor. Thanks.

(Edit- Seeing The TV was 1080p) Shouldn't it work correctly as I know 720 resolution is horrible in computer standards... or would 1080p still be horrible in computer standards and I just be better of buying a larger monitor and use that as a tv at times instead of the previous way I explained?)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  2. attar

attar Senior member

That's a good question - and I won't pretend to have the answer, except that sitting with my face two feet from a forty inch screen would be intolerable for me.

3. KeyLee19

KeyLee19 Member

HAHAHA yeah understandable attar. I thought about that one in advance as I have an office type desk I would prob. be about 6-7 feet so may be more tolerable. And while watching tv even further than that prob. about 10-12 feet.