1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About Microsoft Denon Link

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by goose2000, Jun 19, 2005.

1. goose2000

goose2000 Member

Hi all, i got a question about my Denon AVC-A1SRA. My amp has got the Denon Link capability and on the front of the box it mentions that it is Microsoft HDCD. Does this mean that there is a way of linking this to my PC's Ethernet socket and using the Denon Link capability using music?

2. a-vman

a-vman Member

No. The Denon Link is a proprietary connection between Denon players and AVR's. It is Cat5 with RJ45 connections. The unit has HDCD decoding capabilities which means you can listento HDCD's played on players that are not HDCD compatible.
    By the way where are you located? I sell Denon and had to look up that part #. It is not sold in the U.S. It appears to be equivelent to the AVR5803, which is a fine piece of equipment.

3. goose2000

goose2000 Member

Yes i think it is the same as the 5803A, the latest model in that series. And it does kick ass. I was wondering why it said "Microsoft HDCD" on the box. As i cannot think of any other reason why it would say that.

I live in the UK.