1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about multiplayer over internet

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by magus7091, Feb 10, 2007.

1. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

I don't know if this is possible, but I seem to think that there are people who have done it, my question is this. Is there any way to make a DS "multiplayer" game work over the internet, for example play Advance Wars Dual Strike with a friend of mine by both of us connecting to a "server" or one acting as a server and the other a host when in range of an internet connection. If this is possible can anyone direct me to a guide to find it or a link to a site? I tried searching but it seems either I didn't search the right thing or noone has asked this before. Thanks for any help.

2. kcajblue

kcajblue Regular member

if you mean adhoc using an internet connection, i dont think you can do that on the ds.
    someone correct me if im wrong.

3. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The people behind xlink kai are working on it but are having difficulties due to how the DS multiplayer works. they can do exactly what you mentioned on various other consoles (including the PSP) though.

4. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

The only reason I'm mentioning all this is because one of my good friends said something about having an advance wars tournament (online) on some advance wars fanboard. Maybe I don't understand the nature of the tournament, but it seems like if they were doing that then someone had to have come up with a way to do this...