1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Nerovision...Why the large file size?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Pony321, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

From one of my DL dvds (Never been kissed) which happens to be a duel-aspect dvd, I copied the main movie (full screen), trailer, one effect and one audio to the hard drive using dvdshrink. All files combined equaled close to 3.8 gigs uncompressed and burned to a blank dvd without a problem.

I decided to recreate this dvd but only with a menu included. Using Nerovision I put together the same layout but adding a main menu. I believe all together there were sixteen or so chapters.

The overall file size of this project rose to nearly 7 gigs. I can't imagine that by adding a main menu and perhaps a special effect or two would be so data intensive. I tried several times but with the same results. Any explaination for this? Thanks

2. john179

john179 Active member

In the old days before all the compression software was available the easiest way of backing up a dvd was by leaving all the menu's subtitles and so on out.If you have ever used smartripper you will notice it will pick out most of the files you need.Have a look at the stuff it leaves out and you will realise how much gb can be left off from one film.Becuase the software is now so advanced it will compress all for you where if you even look at the earlier versions of one2one it did not include menus.You know looking back i will never know how we all managed without all this excellent software available now.
    John179