1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About Resolutions For Gaming

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by slamcyl, Apr 20, 2007.

1. slamcyl

slamcyl Member

hi guys im on a big problem right now im gonna buy a 62" dlp screen that it has a maximum resolution of 720p but theres another one same size that has a resolution of 1080p and the difference in price is about 200 dlls....im also gonna buy the ps3 and im gonna get it connected through HDMI so my question is if i buy the 720p screen what will happened when i play a game that only runs on 1080p, will it run on a 720p screen ?
    or if i get the 1080p screen what will happen if a game runs only at 720p....so can you guys help me please, i already tried to find information about this and i havent found this especific question....
    im asking this cause i saw ps3 games that on the back says that will run only at 420p and 720p resolutions so if i have a 1080p screen whats gonna happen....do i need to change the settings on the ps3 or on the screen to match it to its specific resolution ? thanks for any information ?

2. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

The output will always be your set's native resolution no matter what you feed. If I were you I would get the 1080 set especially with a screen size that large. My 2 pixels.

3. Playr

Playr Regular member

I would go for the 1080p as well.