1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Sony KV-36-FS100 480i via component cable capability

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Moldsskew, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Moldsskew

Moldsskew Member

Hello,

I would like to hook up a 480p signal output from a VGA to a component input on a television that supports 480i. To be more specific I am trying to hookup the output of a dreamcast using the VGA box to an older model CRT TV. The Sony kv 36 fs100 supports component video input up to 480i resolution from dvd players according to the manual. So If I have the dreamcast signal output via VGA out which is already 480p and use a VGA to component cable will it work or will I need to use a transcoder? I apologize in advance that this is really an EDTV question and not an HDTV question. Also I know its related to video game consoles but this seemed like the appropriate section to ask. Many thanks for any information or advice.

2. Moldsskew

Moldsskew Member

Hey sorry to Reply to my own post. I believe I found the answer I needed and I do in fact need a transcoder. Moderators feel free to delete this thread and my apologies for mis posting if i did. If anyone knows any other information on my question feel free to chime in. Thanks again.