1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about SONY Minidisc recorders?

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by Agent0008, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

Has anyone created software or a work around that would allow you to transfer music you've recorder on your minidisc recorder and upload to your computer thru the USB link? Currently the Minidisc doesn't allow this and requires you to use the analog (head phone out to line in on computer).

I use my to record my daughters high school band utilizing a digital microphone and would like to be able to just upload the music instead of having to play it and capture it all over again.

Using Net MD Walkman MZ-N707

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. Mez

Mez Active member

I doubt that there is enough demand. They would probably have to charge too much at least $100 vs free. There is nothing wrong with going to analog. I don't know why you don't like doing it. It not like you lose any quality or that it would be easier.

3. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

I just would be easier to transfer the file direct instead of having to capture it again. Thanks for your reply.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Well then that is what you should do. Copy the file from the mini-disk to your computer. But then that will not work will it? It needs to be transformed. That is my point. You can't use the file as is, so you are going to have to process it anyway. No matter what you do it will be a two step process.

Right?

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

like quality is an issue???

Treat the things as an analog audio source.. only option.. the hardware will not output digital signals in a usable format through the usb.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010