1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Swapping

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Epicsold, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Epicsold

Epicsold Member

Okay, A couple months back my xbox gave me an error code, the code was for harddrive or motherboard failure. Anyways, I was looking on ebay and found a couple of used ones with problems but not the same as mine. Is it possible to take another xbox, and put my harddrive into it and have it work? or is the motherboard and harddrive tied together and it will realize it and not work? When I got that error, How likely is it that it is the harddrive? (is there a way to test it?).

I'd get a new one, but I don't want to start all over without my saved games and xbl. My xbox isn't modified and I got it the second year xbox came out (if thats helps.

Thanks

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yes the hard drives and motherboards are linked, but if you get a new xbox and can softmod it and get the eeprom off the new motherboard then you can lock your hard drive to that xbox and you will be able to use your hard drive in that xbox

3. bhpcrew

bhpcrew Member

Hey! If your current console is not yet modded. I say have the harddrive professional upgraded so you can play games w/o using a disc.It's worth every penny.