1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the imput jacks

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by pcbears, Jul 23, 2007.

1. pcbears

pcbears Member

Hello I just bought a theater logic L6 from someone and know nothing about this kind of stuff. I know that I want 5.1 surround sound but don't really know how to set it up. There are RCA jacks that are labled:
    L R
    SL SR
    Cen SW

that is how they are in the exact order. The ones on the left are for white RCA jacks and the ones on the right are for the white. I was wandering what hooks into them. Thanks for all the help.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

They are either cheap speaker connections, or they are the 5.1 analog inputs, for hooking up a dvd player with the same outputs (for dvd-a and sacd playback). If you have regular speaker connections, these are the 5.1 analog connections.
    L=Left
    R=Right
    SL=Surround Left
    SR=Surround Right
    Cen=Center
    SW=Subwoofer

To get 5.1 from a source, you're going to have a digital coax input and/or an optical input, on back of the receiver. If you don't have the digital inputs, you won't get 5.1, but you'll get pro logic (simulated surround).

If those rca inputs are 5.1 analog inputs, and your dvd player has the same 5.1 outputs, you will be able to get 5.1 from the dvd player, but not from anything else (such as digital cable tv, or satellite).
    Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007