1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about VGA Connection to HDTV

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Link9286, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Link9286

Link9286 Member

I'm currently using my Vizio 32''(VX32L) as my computer monitor. I'm connected using a Geforce 7800GTX(DVI), the cable is VGA with a DVI-VGA adapter that came with my dell computer.

The picture is fine except that there's 8-10 vertical 1/2'' lines running down my screen that make the picture where they are hazy, kind of like a like a focus picture. I only really notice it when reading text, it makes me squint. I noticed that these lines move left and right when adjusting the "Fine Tune" under the TV menu.

My Question: Is this the cable/adaptars fault? If so, what brand do you suggest I replace it with?

Also, I bought a HDMI DVI cable (24AWG) w/net jacket-15ft (Gold Plated) from Monoprice.com, thinking this would be a better signal, but I get an out of focus picture. I tried every option/resolution option w/ my Nvidia settings but to no avail. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

yes hdmi would be the much better choice .
    did you try wiggeling the wire around in the back of the tv
    some times that works it could that the wire is just old . vga is going out of date