1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about WinX Dvd Author

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by deanna, Apr 3, 2017.

1. deanna

deanna Newbie

I am new at Burning DVD's, and I have been using WinX Dvd Author, with great success until today. It starts up ok, and than I get a windows pop up saying Windows need to c lose, or something along those lines. I even UNinstalled the program, and REinstalled, and I am getting the same problem. Anyone have any ideas on what this c ould be. Thanks in Advance. Deanna

2. attar

attar Senior member

Not familiar with the program but I do know that some programs leave bits behind.
    When you uninstall it, perhaps you are not getting rid of all the files.
    Check the hidden 'AppData' folder for and delete the 'Digiarty\WinXDVDAuthor' ones (shown here bolded)
    C:\Users\WhateverYourUserNameIs\AppData\Roaming\Digiarty\WinXDVDAuthor

Note:I'm assuming that you are familiar enough with Windows to do this without it all ending in bitter words.

3. deanna

deanna Newbie

I will try that ,thank you. The problem actually started "before" I uninstalled and REinstalled. Someone told me to try DVD Flick, and it did burn a video, but the quality wasn't as good. I really want t o use the WinXDVDAuthor. Going to try what you suggested when I get home.(Yes I am familiar enough to try this,lol.)