1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about WORDPAD ?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by davidscot, Jun 4, 2018.

1. davidscot

davidscot Newbie

I am using XP PRO which contains a "WORDPAD" program as part of the OS. The issue is that the vertical ruler on the left side is missing. Also there is NO arrows at the bottom of the screen to move the page lateraly. How do I reinstall this vertical ruler. I do not see a way to uninstall/reinstall the program as a stand alone process. I need to use it in order to scan a document into it and then add text in a particular location on the page The ruler is needed to do this. I cannot use ABIWORD or any other word program because the scanner program ONLY scans to WORD or WORDPAD. I do not have WORD nor can I use my cd because of info I do not have to enter when asked. Is there a way I can reinstall WORDPAD? Reloading the OS will repair the program but that is extreme overkill for this very small issue. Help please.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You will first need to locate and insert your original install CD. Do an advanced search for wordpad.inf, right-click on it and select "install".