1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Nero Vision Express 3

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by TheJohn, Jan 7, 2005.

1. TheJohn

TheJohn Member

When I add audio to the menu screen, is there anyway to be able to tell if its gonna work when I burn. Like on the screen with the remote control where you can test your buttons and menus, will the sound play then?
    The reason I ask is because I created a DVD out of band videos and added an mp3 to the background properties of the Edit Menu...where it says audio file. So I browsed for the mp3 i wanted and continued to burn the dvd, when I went to play it in my dvd player, the sound isn't there, everything else works except the mp3 i selected to play.
    Any suggestions would be helpful

2. zato

zato Member

Did you ever figure this out?

I am having the EXACT same problem. Yes.. the sound plays fine in the menu preview. But when I put the burned DVD into my DVD player, there is no sound on the menu. Everything else works perfect, the sound from the different AVI files works great.

EDIT: I tried converting the MP3 to WMA, but still no menu sound when playing the burned disc :(

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  3. TheJohn

TheJohn Member

no i haven't found the answer yet...still trying to figure it out

4. TheJohn

TheJohn Member

nobody have an answer??

5. TheJohn

TheJohn Member

nobody have an answer??

6. TheJohn

TheJohn Member

nobody have an answer??

7. tony7914

tony7914 Guest

hi there!
    this is what i tried, add your audio track, then you want to animate the buttons and set the time in seconds for the length of your audio file. it's worked for me like this, not sure if there is an easier way or not i haven't had much time to research it!
    hope this helps!!

8. zato

zato Member

I've tried the animated buttons and a background video clip, set to the length of the audio... still nothing :(

The only thing I haven't tried is converting the music to ac3, but that seems silly since I'm burning a DVD compilation of AVI files and NeroVision converts them to the DVD format just fine... so why does the menu have a problem?

Very frustrated :|

9. tony7914

tony7914 Guest

sometimes it helps to convert the audio file to a different format, i just made a music video dvd and had one file nero wouldn't recognize-that caused some problems untill i recoded the file to divx. not sure why nero did that but try the recode on the audio file and let us know what happens!!

10. zato

zato Member

Update:

I put one of these DVDs that had no menu sound in my 5 year old player... the SOUND WORKS!

Tried it again in my player that is a year old... still no menu sound.

What the heck?