1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question for rusty dog

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by x_player3, Nov 14, 2003.

1. x_player3

x_player3 Guest

hello
    i got the message u telling me i should get the chameleon chip.
    im am looking at it and wondering about x box live??? i no with the xecuter 2.2 pro u can turn it off but with the chameleon how wuld i be able 2 play live without being banned for having a chip. please respond asap
    thnks

x_player3

2. richard77

richard77 Member

I know I'm not rusty, but in Mode 4 on the chameleon, if you have points p&e soldered, you can choose 1 of the three following options

1. Press the power button to start up, and you'll boot the BIOS on bank 0
    2. Press and hold the Eject button for three seconds, and you'll boot up with the chip off
    3. Press and hold both the power and the eject buttons for three seconds and you'll bott up in bank 1.

Richard_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Chameleon Chip 4Eva![/small]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2003
  3. x_player3

x_player3 Guest

thanks richard. i have bought vice city for x box and it will not work on my system. i have read something that your clock on your x box has to be right for it to work im not sure.
    do you know of anything that wuld make this not work.
    thnks

x_player3

4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Yes, woth the P&E wires soldered you can disable the chip using the eject button, or if you edit the evox.ini file according to the User Manual you can disable the chip using the Dash. Or if you want an ON/OFF switch you can install one on the D0 wire.

And some games do need the M$ dash clock set correctly because of an Auto Save, Update feature in the game. Not sure about Vice City.

RustyDog