1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question for Rusty Dog

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jslayer, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

how do i upgrade my BIOS?? im trying to upgrade from "evox d6 eject fix" to "X2 4977"...

i made it into a 1mb file with X2BM and burned it to a cd-r and dvd-r along with like 270 mb of dummy files. no luck!

any ideas what im doing wrong

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

The easiest way would be to use the EvolutionX dash. Since your chip is already flashed with the D6 bios, FTP your new bios to the c:\bios folder and choose the Flash Bios option from the EvolutionX dash.

RustyDog

3. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

ok thanks...but i dont have a bios folder under my C drive. Should i just make one?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2003
  4. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

ok...i made a BIOS folder under my C drive. I went to Flash BIOS in evox and clicked on it, but it said flash not writeable. Does it have anything to do with the switches on the external adaptor_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Jslayer[/small]

5. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Yes, you need to set the switches so that the chip is not write protected.

RustyDog

6. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

well do you know what i set them to? just turn them all off? and the file i sent over the the 1mb file, which is what i would have to have for the disc method. should it only be the 512kb file?

7. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

i just got it to where i had to push "y" to flash the chip...so i did. the greeen bar started going then got to a point that it just stopped. I just waited about 5 min and it was in the same place. i tried to turn off the xbox then restart it. It started but kept trying to boot then the green light started flashing red and green. I turned it off again and turned all of the switches OFF. it came back on as usual. When i tried to write the new BIOS, i had switches 3+4 on. I dont want that to happen again cuz it scared me i thought i fried my chip. please tell me what to do

8. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

jeez now if i try to turn on 3+4 its screwed...it will NOT start up, just blinks red and green. Theres no way for me to fix that is there. ugh im close to ruining my system. any help would be greatly appreciated

9. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Do you have the correct settings in your evox.ini file for the Chameleon chip? You should have a seperate section that will allow you to flash each bank on the chip individually depending on what mode the chip is in.
    Check the User Manual on Xodus-Chip.com for the lines that need to be added to your evox.ini file.

Then leave all DIP switches off and so that it's in 4 256k banks and you can pick whatever bank you wanna flash.

This is of course if you have the Chameleon chip, I assuming you do but you didn't say in the post.

RustyDog

10. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

i have the X2.2 pro... and the BIOS is a 512kb BIOS. I already tried it with switches 3+4 on, and it started to flash it then crashed. now it wonr start up in that configuration, so i wont be able to use those...if i turn on 1+2, but leave 3+4 off, will it start up again if all are off?

11. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest