1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for XBox Harcores...any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by posuser, Dec 30, 2004.

1. posuser

posuser Member

Here is my question to the hard core xboxers out there...and i'm hoping you guys/gals can give me some insite.

Im a ps2 guy, always have been since the day it was out. But, and I mean this...im not one of those "ps2 or nothing" guys...i've never doubted anyone that loved xbox and never claimed ps2 was far more superior at all. I was looking into the xbox specs and noticed a slightly larger than medium difference between the xbox specs and ps2 specs. I myself have played xbox a few times at friends houses...maybe about 2 hours of xbox play, lifetime.

I'm thinking of getting an xbox as well, but i want you guys to tell me deciding factors..Meaning what is it with the xbox that will undoubtedly make me want to get it, and dont say halo 2 (lol). Xbox doesnt really have licenced games like ps2 or gamecube besides halo, fable, and a few others...

but can you guys offer advice or suggestions as to why i should add an xbox to my collection?

And i dont want the "XBOX IS AWESOME" answer :)

Thats why i'm asking the hardcore gamers, from a Hardcore ps2 gamer asking a hardcore xbox gamer...so please help me out.

Thanks.

2. bearcreek

bearcreek Member

I am a ps2 and xbox owner and when the xbox came I bashed it saying it would never last. Then I played Halo and was addicted. Halo was the reason I bought the xbox. The xbox loads alot faster, has most of the games that ps2 has, and is alot easier to mod. If I had to chose between the two, I would take the xbox. Once you mod it, there is so much you can do. You can load any game backup, put it on your hd and play it. No swap trick, no switching of games disks, and no switching of modes to get the game to play. Every game I have owned plays fine as a backup off the hd and dvd disk. You also have xbox live and game tunnels, there are a ton of people online with xbox. I know you have live for ps2 but you have to buy a network adapter (at least with the older versions) and there are not alot of people who play through the tunnels on ps2. I cannot speak for the live or whatever it is called for the ps2. I just started modding my ps2 2 weeks ago and let me tell you, what a pain in the ass. Dont get me wrong, I still like my ps2 and will keep, but the xbox is so much better. Goto xbox-scene.com and read up if you plan to mod it. Hope this helps alittle.

3. posuser

posuser Member

thanks for the response...i appreciate it. Basically it comes down to - what games does xbox have that ps2 doesnt. Here is my thoughts on that, gamecube has several "nintendo made" games that are only available for cube, mind you they are for 10 year olds, but some are fun as well.

it all comes down to what has better game play, and what is more compatible and easy to mod.