1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question here

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by antonio11, Dec 22, 2005.

1. antonio11

antonio11 Regular member

does anyone know of any good program that would block all this crap that sometimes installs it self when youre on the web and messes up your pc (like the one that says your computer is infected)thanks

2. decorkim

decorkim Member

I had that one also, and had a terrible time getting rid of it, but think it is gone now,, I ran 3 different spyware programs, it was gone except for a large screen on my desktop saying spyware infection, then I restored my computer to an earlier date, and all is well. HOpe this helps.

3. antonio11

antonio11 Regular member

this one really bothers me, its like the 4th time I got it, I just formated my comp yesterday and decided to look for a cd key for one game and whenever I look for cracks or serials this crap just installs itself.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try popup killer as i use it on those certain sites but not always effective.

5. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Download popupkiller as ddp said and also Spyware Blaster.

6. tbiggs

tbiggs Guest

on those sites (which i have been to many) 99% of them ask u to install a certain program before they will give u access to the file u want . i have gotten around this by hitting the back arrow in the toolbar multiple times and then it has finale james up and if your fast enough to write down the key your looking for before the window pops up again asking u to install the software u can get it . i have done this many times . as far as hacks u might as well use p2p becuase your chances of getting good or bad hacks either from a website or p2p arte relativley the same in my opinion. if your are sick of getting infected then stop going to shady web sites.