1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Question] Is it possible to have 2 burners in one PC?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by youeatpoo, Jun 30, 2009.

1. youeatpoo

youeatpoo Member

Hi, I've been wondering if this was possible because it would just be convient for me to burn cd/dvds. I have it plugged in and they both read cd/dvds but only the Piooner is capable of burning anything. This is my configuration.

Master IDE : SH-S202J (Samsung)
    Slave IDE : DVR-111DBK (Piooner)

Fwi: my hard drive is a SATA

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. youeatpoo

youeatpoo Member

Currently, i can burn with Clonedvd 2 and Anydvd, However when i try to burn converted videos from Convert X to Dvd, it fails to burn the very second it trys. I don't know if that information will help, but if u want more information just ask. oh and i also tried to update both of them, the latest version for the Samsung is is 2 versions above mine however i can not update it with Samsung's updater I've already tried. I also believe my Pioneer is updated to the fullest.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  4. varnull

varnull Guest

That samsung is a real a$$kicker of a burner for the money.. believe.. I have 7 of them in a duplicator. Don't update it.. samsung firmware is always excellent. My best guess is you don't have the "enable record" box ticked in the xp drive properties window or there is an ide conflict somewhere with the burning software.. or perhaps SecuRom mucking about..

Nobody ever burns with the useless burning engine that comes with convertX .. save as iso and burn with nero or preferably imgburn

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009