1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Laptops

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lecsiy, Mar 21, 2007.

1. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Hey,

Just a quick question. Got a new laptop which i love. Its running on a AMD turion 2Ghz MK36. No problems with it apart from heat. Ive noticed its running very hot concerned i downloaded hmonitor and saw that its idle temp is 61 degrees! Ok, ok that was resting on my lap but still is that too hot for a laptop or are they ment to withstand that kind of heat?
    Also if it helps i upgraded it from 512mb to 1gb of ram but cant really see that making a huge difference.

Thanks
    Lecsiy

2. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

laptops are basically very expensive heaters. my laptop also gets hot. it even heats up my room within 4-5 hours of just playing on it which is gonna suck because were i live, it gets really hot over the summer.

3. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I had a Toshiba A65 Sattelite Notebook that lasted 2 years because of heat. Now it has fried from the extensive heat and there is no way to fix it cheaply because there are so many parts fried and of course since it was a laptop they were all connected to the motherboard and not replacable without replacing the whole motherboard. I havent found too many that run exactly cool. But some are worse than others. I would recomend a cooling pad like one of these (its what I should have got).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6211752&st=chill+pad&type=product&id=1074788100200