1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding ripping streaming video

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by crazyplum, Sep 12, 2005.

1. crazyplum

crazyplum Member

Hi all, I'm a newbie and not sure if I'm asking in the right forum or even the right board for that matter, but here goes- is there a program that can rip a streaming video clip being played through a DIVX player? I've tried Streamdown, but it only works for ripping .wmv and .rm files thru an FTP server. I've also tried using screen capture progs, but their recording/playback quality is less than desirable. I've seen some divx videos circulating on edonkey that was ripped from various websites so it got me curious. Any feedback would be appreciated. Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place.

2. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

The problem with ripping streaming video is that the quality is seldomly good. Seems that you've tried a little of everything and I'm afraid I don't know of one that will give you better video quality from streaming video. Maybe someone else will be able to offer you some suggestions. Sorry I wasn't more help. Thanks for nothing right :~).

3. jingo112

jingo112 Member

to anyone who is quite familiar with the stream down software for ripping streaming video, it will actually ask you to sign in to the site before you can start downloading. does this mean that the sponsor for that website will be able to identify you? If yes is there any way around this?