1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question regarding saving of Animal Crossing

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by FoxStar, Feb 2, 2005.

1. FoxStar

FoxStar Member

Hello!

I'm new to these forums, so if this post is in the wrong area, may a mod please move/ lock/ delete it. Thanks!

Alright, my sister saved her Animal Crossing game onto a third party memory card. This third party memory card is called the Flash 2x by Interact. More info about this card can be found here: ebgames.com/ebx/product/215903.asp

Well, in any case, I read some reviews of the card, and it turns out that the card may become corrupted after a few months of use. So I attempt to backup all my sister's data, including her Animal Crossing game, onto a first party card.

However, some games like F-zero GX and Animal Crossing are unable to be copied to another card. I've also heard the Pokemon Collesseum will not copy as well.

Eh, sorry for the long post, but I guess my question is: are there any ways at all in which I could transfer my sister's Animal Crossing game to my PC, then transfer it onto a first party memory card? Or just transfer it to another card? I have heard of the abilities of the Max Drive with the USB port, and also heard of CTR-GCS. However, it would be helpful if any of you guys could supply some information as to which method I should use, and if my sister's AC game save has any possibility of being transferred to a different card.

I have heard that the CTR-GCS will not work with memory cards that are compressed. Is there any way I could find out if my third party card is compressed or not? Also, would the Max Drive work with a compressed memory card, and be able to transfer the data onto a uncompressed memory card?

Thanks in advance to all who can help!

-FoxStar

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Using an Action Replay should work.

3. FoxStar

FoxStar Member

" Using an Action Replay should work."

How would I be able to use the Action Replay to be able to transfer the non-copiable data onto a new memory card?

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Action Replay copies the gamesave to the PC database where all the gamesaves are, and then you can transfer them onto another memory card.