1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question with blowing up a pic

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by Trnznrg, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Trnznrg

Trnznrg Member

Hello, this isn't really a question reguarding digital photography per say but if someone can help me i'd appreciate it. In a nutshell I am interested in purchasing a poster of manhattan for my room, but it's too small and i can't find a larger print on the net anywhere. If i was to purchase it (24x36)I want to know if there's any local places that i would be able to bring the poster to and get it blown up to a larger size custom size such as like 46 x 68. I checked some photo centers like walmart/cvs and they stated they don't do that type of stuff.

Thanks!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  3. dailun

dailun Active member

Most likely you won't find any commercial shop to do it, since what you are asking is technically a violation of copyright law. (If this is a commercial work).

Also, in order to scan it in and use something like posterrazor, you would need to find a 24x36 scanner to digitize the image.

1. You may be better off contacting the copyright holder to see if it was created in a larger size.

2. If you blow up the copy that you have, you may find the final result to be grainy and unviewable.

4. Trnznrg

Trnznrg Member

A violation of copyright law??? How is NYC copyrighted? I'm not trying to be a wise azz but the pic is just scyscrapers, not even any main landmark buildings. I contacted the person who sold it to me on ebay and he said there's no name of the photographer or poster company,AND the largest size availiable was the 24x36. I have contacted fedex/kinkos and there willing to do it, but like you stated they said depending on how big i wanted it it could become distorted.

Attar, thanks for the suggestion but i don't particularly like the mosaic style;)