1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question with copy to dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by katiehlvr, Jan 26, 2005.

1. katiehlvr

katiehlvr Member

Hi,
    I am kinna new but have a general idea of what is going on. I use DvdShrink to compress and then auto burn with Nero. Most of the time I do not do a deep analysis. I opened up Nero to make a copy of a copy of Friday Night Lights, Alien V/S Predator and a few others and Nero tells me cannot burn this disc. Does anyone know why? I have a dvdrom and a dvdrewriter. I put the copy of the movie in the dvdrom and the blank in the dvdrw. I then go to Nero and select copy disc, and at that point I am getting this message (Cannot Burn. Any help or suggestions? Also to mention, the copy that I am trying to burn plays fine.....
    thanks
    Corey

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

About a month ago they came out with several new forms of encryption that Shrink by itself can't decrypt. Only DVD Decrypter and Anydvd have been updated to remove those new copy protections. You need the newest version of either one to work on some of the new movies. Good luck.

Jerry

3. katiehlvr

katiehlvr Member

Thanks Jerry,
    are you saying i need to use dvddecryptor when making the intial first copy and then i can use nero to burn another copy whenever I want?
    I am a little confused. Once a disc is burnt, and nero will not copy the copied version, is there anything you can do other than going back into shrinkdvd and doing the backup and burn steps?

4. alfredboy

alfredboy Member

My problem is not in the burning, its when I play my movies in one of my dvd player one of them says its JEG/MP3 Why is it doing this? Can someone help

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Sorry, mis-read the post too fast. Missed the part that it was a copy of a copy problem. What brand of blank media are you using? Some of the cheaper blanks may cause read errors when trying to copy them again. I never have a problem with Nero doing the second copy.

Jerry

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Have you tried copying an image to your hard drive and then burning? That helps some people with this problem. You could also try DVD Decrypter if that doesn't help. Nero's kinda goofy sometimes.

7. alfredboy

alfredboy Member

Well I Have tried dvd decryter I download the movie Then I use shrink. I never have to use nero. But the movie play in some dvd players and not on my souround system dvd and they won't play on my PS2 either. But for the type of DVD I am using I use imation, TDK, Sony, and Memorex. What can it be. I cant find anything on the setting of the computer. I need some help?????/

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Try the other format. If you are using +, try -. If you are using -, try +. Sounds like a compatibility issue. It's burning properly if it plays in a DVD player.

9. alfredboy

alfredboy Member

I am using the right + / - dvd i just want to know why this happen. they play on some & not others. and it read JPEG/MP3 on my player

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

alfredboy most the older players play DVD DASH R and and newer player play DVD PLUS R or both. i use DVD - R its usally more compatable with most players. theres no differents in the disc, there just different formats. hope that helps.

11. captflint

captflint Guest

I was esxperiencing the same prob with ps2, then (duh) I realized that ps2 is OLD!! Yes, it will play OLDER dvd backups, not newer ones (well mostly newer ones)

Katiehlvr : try using nero dvd datadisk, I have been using that with all systems go

12. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If you are using Nero, from the wizard, select 'DVD-Video' and just drag all the files in the VIDEO_TS folder on the right side of the window (your source disk) over to the directory VIDEO_TS on the left side of the window (target disc). Using this method, Nero will automatically check for DVD compliancy and there will be no ambiguity with your DVD player that you want to play a movie from the DVD.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005