1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by NSA187, Jan 7, 2005.

1. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

I have a sony dru 530a and i have been using hp 4x dvd +r's to make back ups of movies, but i recently switched to 8x hp +r and for some reason when i use cone dvd 2 one the 8x ones are burning them at 7 minutes and i am burning them at a 2.2-4 speed but when i was using the 4x it would take me 22 minutes and i was also burning those at a 2.2-4 with dvd2one, i made a back up of anchorman and i got a glitch while watching it but also at the same time i was burning a back up of that i was backing up a movie with dvd shrink, is it possible to get errors because i was burning and copying, or is it becasue i am using an 8x and burning them at a 2.2-4x or should i switch it to a 1x ?

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Are you sure you are burning @2.4 X. Sounds more like your burn proggy has set it at 8X for you. Some will detect the speed from the media and burn at the highest rate. Why buy 8X if you burn at 4X or less.

3. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

If you made a file before watching, your ok. If you were trying to access the disc from two proggies at once you would have a prob.

4. NSA187

NSA187 Regular member

it's weird i am using dvd2clone at a 1x and a 4x and it's burning movies in 7 minutes