1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions About Modding ? Please Help [ Passkey, M3 Card?, Homebrew?, Etc ]

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by dkollar, May 20, 2007.

1. dkollar

dkollar Guest

Hey guys can someone please explain how the homebrew scene works for the Nintendo Ds, I use to have a psp and homebrewed it and it was so much easier then the Nintendo Ds, Their are cards, etc if someone can explain to me what each card does. And How To Homebrew. I would like to be able to play Gba,Ds,Nes Games, Music, Videos, Have Linux if possible, Msn Messenger and Browser. And How Much Memory Can i Put Into the slots.

Thanks Guys =D

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

IMO PSP is slightly more difficult than DS for homebrew as you have to find one without too high a firmware, then you have to downgrade then usually upgrade to an OE (i'm still on 3.03-OE) but anyhows.

I won't blind you with different things, as it takes to long o type it all, i will just recommend a setup that will do almost eveything you have mentioned: (assuming you have a DS Lite)

M3 Lite Perfect + Passcard3 + MicroSD (up to 2GB)

That can play patched DS games, GBA games, DS and GBA homebrew, and DSLinux. The only thing it cannot do is use the Nintendo DS Browser.

3. dkollar

dkollar Guest

The most important thign for me is MSN MESSENGER, INTERNET BROWSER, MP3,VIDEO, LINUX, and NORMAL DS GAMES.

4. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

for all the above ^
    check the buyer's guide in my sig.

basically, you should get an r4 [or m3 ds simply] and the m3 lite perfect(NOT pro). instead of the m3 lite, you could get the ezv 3 in 1, but that means i'll have to explain some stuff, so i won't reccommend it.

5. HSingh

HSingh Member