1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about SSHD Hybrid

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by varxtis, Mar 16, 2016.

1. varxtis

varxtis Member

Back in August or September 2015 I purchased all the components to build a PC. My hopes and understanding was that the components I chose would far exceed requirements to run Adobe programs like Photoshop and After Effect, aswell as some 3d modeling in Cenima 4D. Well, since having put it all together at that time, I have had various bugs and lags, especially through Adobe Programs. I reinstalled Windows, but the programs exhibited similar errors, if not worse. I contacted MSI, Nvidia, and Adobe, all of whom troubleshoot some of the issues, but there is still lag. Iwant to once again wipe the primary drive, reinstall Windows, and reinstall all the drivers. But I started thinking about something Ive been doing and had a question.
    Right now my main drive is a SSHD 4TB drive that has two partitions on it, the C drive which holds the OS and program installs, and then D drive that hold miscellaneous items.
    I have two addition drives, each 3TB, one dedication to holding Images, and one dedicated to Holding Videos.

Question 1: are SSHD Hybrid drives really bad? Could it be causing the freezing and lagging?
    Question 2: The reason I have two partitions is because the system wont seem to let me utilize the whole 4TB for one single Drive. Is it bad to have dual partitions/drives on your primary HDD? Is there any way to make it where the whole 4TB of the SSHD is used for 1 drive?

Motherboard: X99S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7885)
    16GB Memory
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

get a 120g ssd drive to have windows & programs on. I have 2 1tb drives on for my 2 towers as they are on different floors of my house with 2 partitions each with the c:drive at 120gig & the d:drive the rest of the drive.

3. varxtis

varxtis Member

I appreciate it!