1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for Windvd creator 2 users

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Timm129, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Timm129

Timm129 Member

Hello all.
    Im copying home movies from my mini-dv camcorder
    First of all why capture video at avi-dv?? When you go to burn to DVD if has to be compressed to 4.7gigs. Why not go mpg and DVD HQ????
    Also how can you get the time and date stamp to transfer. Capturing only takes the video and audio.

Thanks

2. FLAWLE$$

FLAWLE$$ Member

I'll chime in and try to help, since none of the experts replied to my post from the other day, and I know it is frustrating to wait ;)

I use WinDVD Creator as well, and when I captured in MPEG, the video looked fine on the PC, but when I put it on DVD (in the highest quality available) it looked terrible. I suppose the initial compression is too heavy. The same DV captured as AVI and put on DVD looks excellent. Even as AVI, an entire DV full of video won't need to be compressed at all to fit on a 4.7g DVD AFAIK.

For the time stamp I'm not sure since I don't use it. I think it may be a setting on your camera, play around with the menus and check it out.

3. Timm129

Timm129 Member

Thanks for the quick response. Do you go directly to DVD or do you go through the project? If you go direct will it create a menu ?? and allow you to skip scenes??

Thanks again

4. FLAWLE$$

FLAWLE$$ Member

I select "capture DV" option or whatever it is called, which creates a new project. Then I throw in a title and music, etc. and create scenes. Look for a small button like "/ \ / \ /" which automatically creates chapters. At the end you can create a menu to your liking. This software is somewhat intuitive to use, but you need to poke around, and rest your mouse on various buttons to see what everything does. I also like to save my project and restart the computer before burning to DVD just to be safe, and I burn at 4x.