1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question...About dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by arnsk10, Jan 22, 2005.

1. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

does any body know how to burn for instance lord of the rings which is 2 discs how would u burn it on to just one disc?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd-r for advanced users*

Lord of the Rings is one disc ... at least the movie. You want to combine the special features and the main movie to one disc? That would be alot of compression, and the picture wouldn't be that great ... after all Lord of the Rings (movie disc) is pretty big to start.

If you wanted to ... you could use Shrink in re-author mode. or DVD2One

3. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

Thnxs for the help flip. There's two versions of lord of the rings though. I have the extended edition which is four discs and the movie (just the movie) is on 2 discs.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

RB/CCE is about the best encoder for high compression with DVD5 recordable media. There's still a limit to how far you want to go. What is the file size for both segments of the movie (not the titles and extras)? If you try to do all the extras and the movie onto one disc, you'd have to redo the menus and there you'd need something like DVD Lab Pro or DVDRemake (not a process for beginners). The original movies ran near 7GB each. You'd be better off using Shrink and encoding to dual layer if you have a dual layer burner.

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Compressing a dual layer movie to a single layer disc is bad enough, trying to fit 2 DVD 9 discs on a single layer disc is a waste. I wonder if the sound alone would take up most of the memory on the DVD r.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

No, sound wouldn't be the biggest. Just figure the space for one movie and double it and no where close. If you look at the movie breakdown in an app like DVD Shrink, you'll be able to see the sound tracks separately. Foreign sound and subtitles would be one area where the recording could be edited. I'm curious about the contents of the discs. Even with different endings and a director's cut, I've not seen any movies over 8 to 9 GB.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2005
  7. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

thnxs all!

8. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

im no longer backing up any.......