1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question for any pc technicians?

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by killalot, Feb 22, 2008.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

Got my mother a new computer case but when I went to fit the motherboard to the chassis I couldn’t use the board fixing spaces because they raised the board to high for the back plate the fixing points on the new case are slightly round and raised so I had to screw the board straight into them I know if you don’t use the fixing spaces the board can short if it touches the chassis so my question is do you think it will be ok or should I remove the board and put some form underneath the board any one else come across this problem before built many a pc and this is the first time I’ve come across this problem cheers.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Cases differe, but motherboards are universal. Check you used the correct standoffs, or that the case came with the correct ones. You should be able to fit pretty much any board into a case that you buy if it's the correct form factor. if not, take the case back and get one that's properly made! :)

3. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I used a case once that had built in stand offs like that, did you use felt washers (spacers/gaskets) between the board and the case?
    Should be fine if you did.

4. killalot

killalot Active member

Cheers for the info I’ve brought it with me to work today so when it’s gone quiet later I’ll have a butchers at it again only cost £15 surprised its not a bad looking case for the money haven’t got any felt washes have try and dig some out