1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question......yes or no will do

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WiteWizrd, Dec 30, 2004.

1. WiteWizrd

WiteWizrd Regular member

ok so my computer isnt the fastes in the world...Pentium 3, 860 Mgz. and im like 95% sure im doing everything right (and im using TDK dvd-r)...but once i burn, movie freezes near the end. everytime on every disk. im burning at 4x, is my computer just not fast enough to burn that fast. so is my only option burning at 2x???

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

If burning at 2X works, and burning at 4X does not, I would say that burning at 2X is your best bet.

This is not always a computer issue.

3. WiteWizrd

WiteWizrd Regular member

thnks frank, what else could it be you think. cuz iv tried everything that i can think of

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

WiteWizrd,
    If you're useing dvd shrink set the target size to 4300 mb so you don't burn clear to the outer edge of the disc.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

My brother burns his discs with about the same system as yors without to many problems, it just takes a while for the rip, about an hour or so.

Is this occuring during the burn process or just while you are watching the copy. If it is occuring during the burn process you should be getting an error message of some sort.

If it is occuring during playback then it is more than likely to be a media issue. Personally I have not had good luck with TDK discs.

The deal is that many times if there are bad areas on your blank disc, they seem to be out towards the edge of the disc.

If you are ripping with Shrink and the problem is happening right at the end of the movie, you can reduce the file size a bit.
    What this does is just makes the movie smaller so that it does not need to burn out to the edge of the disc.

Try this:
    Go into Shrink and select Edit, Preferences. Change the Target DVD size drop down menu to Custom, then change the 4464 MB setting to 4300 MB.

I don't know what programs you are using so I'm guessing on some of this stuff.