1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quickest Video Convert Program

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Cosmo1111, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Im using 'Advance X Video Converter' to convert formats. Its a really easy to use program, you just select what your converting from and who your converting to.

Im converting AVI to DVD-PAL and its half way and taken 4 hours. Its very slow

Whats the quickest and easiest program that you use or is 10 hours to convert a 800mb video file about right?

2. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Well, I use CCE which takes liek 3 hours, but tahst a hell of alot more complicated. I'd try VSO DivX to DVD.

3. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

lol. I just downloaded it after going through about 5 programs that were very confusing and had watermarks.

Ive downloaded heeps of programs tonight.
    I downloaded a file that was a BIN file and I downloaded UltraISO to fix it.

Than I had another file that was a RAR file so I needed to download WinRAR.

Then after ages of getting watermark programs I found DivxtoDVD which sounded like what I was after and it was.

UltraISO, WinRAR and DivXtoDVD are all files I will need later on.

1 prob, with WinRAR is has set up all my ISO files as there own file and whenever I right click on something I have 10 options of ways to zip a file. Anyone know how to turn them off?

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

try QuEnc, its pretty fast. if you want it to go faster turn off trellis

as the rar thing, not sure, cause i use it. and don't want to turn trellis off. and DC precision at *. and use 1 pass constant quantizer 2.

5. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Whats Trellis?

Ive got a video file. A DAT file that just wont open in DivxToDVD. It works fine in Divx and WMP. It does register in X Video Converter and I converted it but the quality was messed up. Nearly streaming video quality.

Is there a way to convert the DAT file into something readable?

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

7. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Did you get that DAT file out of a BIN file, or off a VCD/SVCD? If so, rename it to a MPG.