1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quicktime to mpeg-4

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ayepluss, Apr 18, 2005.

1. ayepluss

ayepluss Guest

Does anyone know how to convert quicktime movie files to mpeg-4 format? I'm trying to convert my quicktime file so that I can transfer it to a memory stick and view on my sony psp.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Depends what streams are in it. If the streams are mpeg4 comaptible then you can do a pass through via quicktime direct to mp4.

3. ayepluss

ayepluss Guest

can you give me further explanation please. how would you find out if the streams are mpeg compatible?

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

mp4 supports SP/ASP MPEG4 and AVC for video, maybe also MPEG2 I think? For audio mp3 and aac are supported. Also I think there are specs for lossless audio, but it is not yet implimented.

The PSP I believe supports SP MPEG4 and AVC for video and aac for audio. If the mov contains something else then you would need to re-encode.

5. ayepluss

ayepluss Guest

any idea how to re-encode, and what program can I use?

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well depending on the contents all the ffmpeg based converters out there should work. Also the latest version of Nero if you have suitable directshow fitlers installed. That is about it for the one click solutions, also quicktime pro I guess. If it isn't possible to pass through, it can re-encode.