1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quix and Backing up HDD games onto DVD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Lou519, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Lou519

Lou519 Member

Ok so my backups I have all on my HDD, but I'd like to transfer them to DVD-R. I am using Quix to connect via ftp to my xbox and creating the iso directly from the xbox to my pc. I used DVDecrypter after, and both games did not work. They were SSX and The Warriors. I backed up all the games to the HDD using DVD2Xbox as my burning software. I am thinking that this is the problem since I have heard that dvd2xbox patches the games, making it somewhat difficult to transfer to dvd. Im gonna attempt ftping from flashfxp and then using quix to create the iso and then burning using dvdecrypter. If anyone has any other suggestions, id greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

DVD2Xbox should be fine. I have used it many times.
    another thing you can try is just ripping it from the disc.
    Use Qwix, or even better Craxtion4 to do this. Create the FTP connection and have the disc in the Xbox. Then if you copy the whole D: folder to the PC that is the game. Then use the program to take that whole foder and create the ISO, then burn to disc. And make sure it is a good quality DVD-R or you are still going to have problems.

also know that if you want to use Craxtion4 (free) you need to go to microsofts download page and get ".net framework" or it will not work. It is also a free download.