1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 errors

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by RAYrey, Jun 2, 2011.

1. RAYrey

RAYrey Member

My dad recently bought me the r4 for the 3d ds in china. When I got it it was already set up and it worked fine except it was in chinese and the games were dumb. This cause me to delete everything on the chip and in stall the english version from the r4 site. However, now when i plug the chip back into my ds, it just shows error on the top screen and a pic of a distressed sd card -.-. Does anyone know to fix this problem. BTW i have mac. I'm not sure what difference it'll make, but i might as well say that.

2. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

Check the URL on your R4, and visit it to download the latest firmware.

3. PolarSeal

PolarSeal Member

What R4 card do you have? You may need to check the brand of R4 card and go to the offical website to download the firmware.

Remeber to format your memory card in FAT32 before installing the firmware

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  4. PS3fun

PS3fun Member

i am sure you downloaded a wrong firmware

first: fugure out which r4 card you have, R4i gold 3DS (from R4ids.cn ) or R4i SDHC 3DS (from R4i-sdhc.com) or other unknown card !

Second: Format your SD card, and then login the related official site to download the correct firmware for your flashcard

Third: Done

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011