1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 kernel upgrade help

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by legendb, Jan 15, 2008.

1. legendb

legendb Member

Hi, hoping someone can help out. I got an R4 from hong kong about a year ago and it has v1.08 beta of the kernel installed (so it says on the menu). I've downloaded every version since and I get an error which is in chinese (I think) writing. It has !!! at the top and I can see the R4 menu behind it (and on v0.9 I can see the calendar in the top screen).

My working sd card (v1.08 beta) doesn't have the same structure as the any of the new kernel versions, for one there is no moonshell just shell in mine and no _system_ either. Even the version of 1.08 that I have since downloaded is different (this downloaded version also has moonshell directory).

I'm thinking it could be something to do with the cartridge being from Hong Kong and needs a different kernel perhaps?

2. tommy6

tommy6 Regular member

3. legendb

legendb Member

Nice one, worked a treat.

4. trash_can

trash_can Member

thanks i finally could change to a new kernal program

5. pamgreg

pamgreg Member

Hi Tommy,

I posted a problem in another forum topic along similar lines. Seems to be a conflict between Chinese operating language and the new kernal software which only is published in English, Japanese and Korean. Your patching program worked a treat!
    thanks Pamgreg