1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 loading problem...**Email posting and Banned**

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Malekmark, May 12, 2008.

1. demonG

demonG Member

i found out why mine did not work as i needed version 1.19

2. etops

etops Member

i am having similar problems too!

first of all, there is a version 1.19?

okay back to my exact problem.

downloaded the necessary files from the R4 website. after decompressing them, i copied the three files as instructed by the website to the top directory of my micro sd card. there are namely "moonshl" folder and two files "_DS_MENU.DAT" and "_DS_MSHL.NDS".

upon booting of my nds, i get a message in chinese saying that i have software problems related to the opreation of my hardware - something to that effect.

i have uploaded a chinese version of v1.18 from a friend which has the following folder/files:

(a) moonshl folder
    (b) _DS_MENU.DAT
    (c) _DS_MSHL.NDS
    (d) _system_ folder
    (e) _DS_MENU.SYS

the above files; when loaded, works fine but the menus are all in chinese! i would prefer english.

i tried adding the missing files, (d) and (e) to the english download of V1.18 but it does not work.

can somebody pls speciify what files i need for the english version on the V1.18 kernel and can I load any language of kernel on to any r4 card?

thanks in advance!

etops

3. seensters

seensters Guest

help wolf i got a r4 and it worked for 2 months but stoped and broke
    not its says loding forever and the card is unreconizable on the computer. its a kingston 1 gb microsd card. help me!

4. woof811

woof811 Regular member

@seensters hello .

right it sounds like your memory card has become corrupt , you will need to try and format it .

iff its not recognized by your computer try to format it using a mobile phone or digital camera , if they cant format it you will need to get yourself a new memory card mate .

sometimes when a pc wont recognize your memory card a mobile phone or digital camera will.

kingston memory come with a lifetime warranty so you can send it back and get a replacement free .( as long as its not fake )

iff you do manage to format your memory card or buy a new memory card you will need to put the r4ds firmware back on your memory card , you can get the latest genuine r4ds firmware from here - English V1.18 http://www.r4ds.com/soft/24-en.htm

V1.19 is not for genuine r4ds , its for the n5ds and copies of the r4ds ( clones )

once downloaded unrar/unzip it and copy the 2 files and 2 folders to your memory card , thats it job done .

2 files - _DS_MENU + _DS_MSHL.NDS

2 folders - _system_ + moonshl

any more help needed mate just let me know , woof811.

5. seensters

seensters Guest

ello, mate
    thx for telling me i got a refund on my memory card and bought a new 2 gig mini sd card and it works perfectly.
    do u know any websites that i can download roms that dont destroy my r4 again? if u do let me know k bye!

6. demonG

demonG Member

@woof811 no wonder my R4 was so cheap, if its a clone....works ok thogh. but i am now intressted in geting a real one just in case.

7. sarmy

sarmy Member

hi my card is working well but when i put a certain one on it, the game goes thru the loading etc and then the screens go white and i have to turn off the machine. the other games work well just this certain one, i have re installed it many times with the same outcome, can someone shed some light on this? thanks

8. sanchez2k

sanchez2k Member

Hey guys,

I just found out that I have a newer revision of the R4 DS, it's the R4-III Revolution. On the CD you can find the 3.00 Kernel Version and only you can get the 3.01 Version. I did not know that and I tried the 1.18, 1.17 and the N5D Versions. So maybe it'S the same problem with you and you have a R4-III card?! Just try it.

9. demonG

demonG Member

i think mine was a R4-v2.....iv ordere a new one just in case mine die.

10. woof811

woof811 Regular member

there are 2 versions of r4ds only .

the r4ds does not support sdhc memory so dont be fooled by sellers offering r4ds that supports sdhc memory !

v1 had a spring for the micro sd memory card .

v2 has no spring and is a push in slot for the micro sd memory card .

any other versions are not genuine they are fake or clones .

team r4ds has recently released a statement saying as follows -

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93537

it would seem that team r4ds has had enough of fakes and clones .

woof811.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  11. demonG

demonG Member

i recived my new R4 and its uses V1.18 Yea! thanks for the help guys!

12. tickneb

tickneb Member

Hi Guys,

Im new to this so please bare with me....

I just bought a R4 that came with a 2GB Sandisk Micro SD card.
    Downloaded the latest version of the R4 Firmware 1.8 but my DS just sits on the Loading screen. I have on my card 2 folders & 2 files in the root dir...

I have tried a second 2GD Micro SD card and the same with that. I have tried to format as FAT & FAT 32 but get the same responce and it just sits on the loading screen. I have also downloaded the NDS5 Firmware that Woof811 suggested but this again does the same and sits on the Loading screen.

Can anyone help as i am getting very frustrated with this card now lol

Many Thanks
    T

13. demonG

demonG Member

have you tryed the V1.18-V1.19? as i found out mine first one was a fake and needed this version

14. woof811

woof811 Regular member

hmmmmmmm normally when the r4ds stays at loading its normally the memory card thats playing up , but as you have tried another memory card it does seem strange that its still not loading up .

try taking out the memory card and put the r4ds in your ds and turn it on , it should say couldnt find the ds/tf card .

if it does it could indicate that the r4ds is working and it might still be the memory cards thats playing up .

also where did you buy your r4ds from as there are quite a lot of fakes for sale .

you can get the genuine r4ds firmware from here mate - http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ or here - http://r4ds.cn/download/r4_v1.18_kernel.html

try formatting the memory card again and putting the genuine r4ds firmware on it from the link i gave you . ( 2 files and 2 folders )

let me know how you get on mate , woof811.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  15. tickneb

tickneb Member

Hello,

Well I have just gone and bought a new mem card just a 1G and still does the same, I have also done what you said woof811 and with the R4 card in and no Mem card it still just goes to the loading screen.

I have found my ds is V5 with the magneta screen. does this make a difference. or do you think its the R4card its self with it still going to the loading page when no card is entered.

I got the card through a shop on Amazon Digizo.co.uk People put good reviews so I assumed I would be ok?

Any more ideas....

16. woof811

woof811 Regular member

sounds to me as though its the r4ds as the 3 ive tried without memory card say " couldnt find the ds/tf card "

on this link http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ they have previous versions of r4ds firmware you could try an earlier version as a longshot.

woof811.

17. tickneb

tickneb Member

Thanks Woof811, Still no joy looks like I have a bad R4 card, Going to try and get a refund, can you advise where the best place to get one from would be that we know will not be a fake?

T

18. woof811

woof811 Regular member

for genuine r4ds in the uk you can get them here - http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php

if you arent in the uk and need worldwide delivery you can get them here - http://www.gameyeeeah.com/
    or here - http://www.bamboogaming.cn/
    or here - http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.604

the websites ive recommended i have bought from and had no probs , i would only recommend websites that ive bought from mate .

to be honest though ive bought 10 edge ds recently and they work excellently , play all the roms ive thrown at them so far and they support sdhc micro sd memory meaning 1gb , 2gb , 4gb , 8gb and so on........

19. woof811

woof811 Regular member

20. tickneb

tickneb Member

Woof811 Many thanks for this i have sent them a e-mail and also send the evidance onto Amazon, suggesting that they stop this seller selling this item through them as there fake. Lets see where i get with this... I will keep you all posted