1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4DS Basic Guide (Complexity: Easy)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by pryme_H, Feb 11, 2008.

1. iambigh

iambigh Member

Just drag 'n' drop.

2. tommy6

tommy6 Regular member

if its an r4 card youve got go to first page of this thread for a guide on how to set it up.

3. iambigh

iambigh Member

Quite right Tommy6, I was just assuming that that had already been done. DOH !!!

4. paulatty

paulatty Guest

My R4 version 2 with sandisk 2gb just keeps coming up with the loading screen. I updated to the latest software and followed your guide but nothin and i am sure my sd card is in correct as the R4 is the new version 2 without the spring problem. i really cant get it working and have no idea y????

5. iambigh

iambigh Member

I think you'll find it's a rebadged N5.

6. girith

girith Member

I purchase on Depot888 too. Good retailer. Got the order status notification after placed the order, and they support MSN/Skype contact. Instant help.

7. kai208

kai208 Member

hiya i added all the files needed but all i get is loading screen and it stays like that what am i doing wrong i have r4ds revolution v3

8. alba1314

alba1314 Member

I recently got 5x vIII's from h**p://w_w_w.klickstore.com/ BEFORE checking Afterdawn for any reports on the company. The R4 cards took around three to four days to cross the Irish Sea to get to Ulster, but they got here ok.

However, what I didn't know was that I had been supplied with vIII's and not v2's, as I had ordered and spent a whole day trying to get the cards working - all to no avail...

I rang the supplier today - see thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/50/593234#4385062 and with his help in supplying the right firmware, I got one of the cards ~ picked at random from the five purchased ~ up and running. Yay!

Check my Afterdawn post for details, if anyone's interested?! Right now, I've to get another FOUR cards up and running...

9. iambigh

iambigh Member

The R4 III upgrade need a different firmware to the v2s. Visit http://www.r4ds.com and download the correct version. (I think it's 3.06 at the time of writing) I have just done 5 R4 III cards with no problems. Good luck.

10. rav009

rav009 Active member

Nice guide

11. joanne27

joanne27 Member

Hi I have read the instructions but i never got a CD with my r4 will the instructions still work

12. joanne27

joanne27 Member

Hi im very new to all this,. i was just wondering though will the instructions still work for me if I got no cD with my r4.

13. DubRovers

DubRovers Member

I'm having the "Loading..." screen problem aswell. Nobody seems to have answered this query on here. What is wrong and what do we need to do please? One thing I noticed is that on the guide on the first post here the icons for the _DS_MSHL.NDS and _DS_MENU are proper icons. On mine they are the little icon like a file not recognise, the one that looks like a white box with red, green and blue dots. I get the feeling I'm still missing something. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

14. alba1314

alba1314 Member

Apologies everyone for having taken soooo long to get back to you on my progress with the other four cards I had to load software and nds images to... ALL FIVE cards were loaded with the software as mentioned/alluded to in my earlier posting and I've had NO problems with any of the cards since.

Sorry that the follow-up is late, but it's still current, if you know what I mean?! LOL! Hope I've helped someone solve their problems in any way...

15. hlxbravo

hlxbravo Member

Not wanting to hijack this great thread but I still see people asking about the black screen loading issue, I have posted in the following thread and it seems to have helped the OP there, so hopefully one or two others may find it also useful.
    ----->>

16. iambigh

iambigh Member

I am no expert in any shape or form, for example; your icon problem would have me running for advice. As to your "loading" screen problem I believe that to be caused by trying to load "new" games while still using the "old" kernels. you could try a more up-to-date kernel (1.19 or higher) to see if that is the cause of your problem. Hope this helps.

17. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

The R4 "Loading" issue is usually caused by the incorrect firmware being put onto the card

1) There are 12 types of R4 card all with their own firmware, some even have exactly the same name
    2) The site in my signature hosts them all, so try them all one at a time till you get the unit working

Next time buy something other than R4

18. gigger

gigger Member

I am after recieving an micro sd hd classic card for my R4 nintendo ds but it wont seem to download games for me. Do anyone know if i need to download software to load games??

19. drzedkhan

drzedkhan Member

Hi there
    I actually did pretty much the same things to set my R4 card.
    I bought my card from memorybits.co.uk and it is the R4 III Upgrade card. There is no CD with the card but one can download the software for the card from the same website (www.memorybits.co.uk. The steps I did are as follows. I have Vista home edition.
    1). I downloaded the R4 software on my desktop (it reads as r4-sofware-black III upgrade)
    2). Then I extracted this file and saved the extract "English_version 3.07" on my 2 Gig microSD card.
    3). This did not work for me so I further explored the above file into its 4 components a)MoonShell b)mypicture c)R4 d) R4.dat and saved these four files on my micro sd card as well but this didn't work either.
    4). All my downloaded games which i seperatly saved in another folder by the name "NDS Games" look like a "empty note icon" and my DS console shows the games not as icons but in a written formate and can not open any of the games.

Now I dont understand where the does the problem occurs.
    please help if you could understand teh scenario. thanx

20. maybe904

maybe904 Member

i recently fallowed your instructions, but now it just has a loading screen forever. HELP!!!!!